Cyanide free and ecologically friendlier
Complete line of plating solutions, cleaners, and activators
PALLABRITE™ MIRROR is a maintenance free ready to use palladium plating bath purposely designed for flash plating over white metals. This product produces a consistent bright white mirror finish that is tarnish resistant. Can be used as an intermediate layer over gold, silver, palladium, and platinum or as a final plate over low end jewelry. An excellent pre-plate to save money on rhodium plating. 2.5 grams per quart bottle. Heat to 125°F, 2-3 volts, 15-30 seconds. Platinized titanium anode.
PALLABRITE™ MIRROR Instructions
Pallabrite™ mirror is a palladium plating solution which is used over or under many different metals. The solution plates a bright white mirror finish that is tarnish resistant.
Pallabrite™ mirror is a ready to use solution. Do not add water. KEEP AWAY FROM ACIDS. Uniform from start to finish with no maintenance needed.
Pallabrite™ mirror is nontoxic and non corrosive to the environment. Non
hazardous for shipping purposes.
To plate over silver and like metals, gold, cobalt, palladium and platinum.
Cautions: Read all safety information before using this product.
1. Use only with proper ventilation.
2. Wear gloves, safety goggles, apron.
3. Avoid contact with eyes and skin.
Current Density: 2-3 Volts
Anodes: Platinized Titanium or Pure Platinum. Do not use stainless steel.
Bath Set Up:
1. Fill tank or beaker with Pallabrite™ mirror and heat to maximum 125!F.
2. Check connections from rectifier to anode and work, be sure the negative (-) and positive (+) wires are connected properly. The work should be charged negative (-), and the anode positive (+). Turn rectifier on.
3. Electroclean piece and rinse well in distilled water. (keep away from
4. Plate at 2.0-3.0 volts for 15-30 seconds using mild agitation.
5. Remove pieces after plating. Pieces should have a bright white finish.
6. If used as a pre-plate, continue the plating process.
7. After plating rinse part thoroughly in water and dry.
8. Add distilled water to bring liquid level back up due to evaporation.
Pallabrite™ mirror is a rugged bath and guidelines have been provided to help assure the long life of this bath. If, however, a problem should arise that cannot be solved by any of the above recommendations, or recommendations by our or any other qualified laboratory, the bath may need to be replaced: Transfer to a DOT approved container. Check with local authorities for proper disposal methods.